Wednesday 11 February 2015

Ultimate Double Chocolate Cookie Recipe





I recently found this recipe as I was going through the BBC Good Food website and I made a few changes but it's definitely one to try if you've got a sweet tooth! To me they're pretty much a home made version of a Ben's cookie, and they're amazing!

So here's the recipe:

Ingredients:
200g Caster sugar
100g softened butter
1 egg
1tsp vanilla extract
225g plain flour
140g melted milk chocolate
85g milk chocolate chopped into chunks
85g white chocolate chopped into chunks


  1. Pre-heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas6 and line two baking trays with grease proof paper or parchment paper.
  2. Cream together the butter and sugar, it will still be quite gritty even after its mixed together.
  3. Melt the milk chocolate and add half of it along with the vanilla extract, the egg, and the flour into the butter and sugar.
  4. Mix together until fairly well combined and stir in the chunks of chocolate and mix again.
  5. Roughly bring the cookie dough into a ball (I found using my hands worked better than a spoon)
  6. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop out even sized amounts of the dough, roll into balls and place on the baking trays but don't flatten out.
  7. Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes until they're golden brown, and just about look like they're set in the middle.
  8. Allow to cool slightly on the tray then transfer to a wire rack and drizzle with the remaining melted chocolate.

I hope you try out this recipe, I'm sure you'll be glad you did!

Alice x

No comments:

Post a Comment